Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th September 2022
A late change to our event calendar means we are now offering our best value day out ever with lots of family fun! Our standard return and ranger tickets include the following, for this event only:
- Frequent steam hauled heritage train services alongside the tranquil river Dart.
- Free entry to the Dartmoor Otters and Buckfast Butterflies.
- Free entry to the Totnes Rare Breeds Farm.
- Children’s entertainer on board train services.
- Interactive railway show with Finn and Quinn – time travellers on a mission to learn more about steam railways!
- Face painting.
- Miniature Railway rides (may be suspended in adverse weather conditions).
- Vintage bus rides.
An intensive train service operates during the event providing a frequent connection between Buckfastleigh and Totnes and the attractions at each end of the line. All services are scheduled to be hauled by a Great Western steam locomotive*.
To download a PDF copy of our timetable, click here.
*Services are subject to alteration or replacement with diesel locomotives in the rare event of unavoidable problems.
Great value fares
|Family Super Saver (2 adults & 2 children)||£49.50||£65|
|Disabled / Carer||£8.50||–|
Our best value day out EVER. Our standard train ticket prices include ALL of the above attractions – for 2 adults and 2 children this represents a saving of over £50!
Return tickets allow one return journey on your reserved train.
Ranger tickets provide unlimited travel all day long on any train service – perfect for a day of exploring!
Please note that NO discounts are available during this event, including SDRA members, HRA Interrail passes, Shareholders, BR PRIV etc.
Please note that whilst dogs are welcome across the railway and at all of the other entertainment on offer, they are not permitted within the Dartmoor Otters and Buckfast Butterflies centre, or the Totnes Rare Breeds Farm.